You don’t have to go to the beach to have fun with sand. A sand table is a unique piece of children’s play equipment that is designed to allow children to stand, rather than sit, as they explore and manipulate a multitude of sensory items. Children can change the physical properties of the sand by mixing water with the sand then pouring and sifting it dry. Adding water to the sand also allows children to shape and create land and water forms. They can make molds, sift the sand, and draw in the sand with sticks to make unique shapes.
Subscribe to Our Blog
Search Our Blog
- What Can Children Learn from Animal Tracks? January 15, 2019
- How to Create Music Using the Gifts of Nature December 12, 2018
- What Your Child’s Teacher Wants You to Know About Outdoor Play: Part 2 August 22, 2018
- What Your Child’s Teacher Wants You to Know About Outdoor Play: Part 1 August 16, 2018
- Learning to Love Bugs August 1, 2018