You don’t have to go to the beach to have fun with sand. A sand table is a unique piece of children’s play equipment that is designed to allow children to stand, rather than sit, as they explore and manipulate a multitude of sensory items. Children can change the physical properties of the sand by mixing water with the sand then pouring and sifting it dry. Adding water to the sand also allows children to shape and create land and water forms. They can make molds, sift the sand, and draw in the sand with sticks to make unique shapes.
Subscribe to Our Blog
Search Our Blog
- Explore Existential Intelligence and Nature June 5, 2019
- Outdoor Scavenger Hunt May 22, 2019
- 5 Best Ways to Welcome Spring with Your Senses April 18, 2019
- Let It Go (Outside): 4 Frozen Playground Activities February 20, 2019
- What Can Children Learn from Animal Tracks? January 15, 2019