Subscribe to Our Blog
- 5 Myths About Sensory Play July 10, 2019
- Explore Existential Intelligence and Nature June 5, 2019
- Outdoor Scavenger Hunt May 22, 2019
- 5 Best Ways to Welcome Spring with Your Senses April 18, 2019
- Let It Go (Outside): 4 Frozen Playground Activities February 20, 2019
About Michelle PleasantMichelle is the mother of three young children, and has a background in education. She graduated from the University of Cincinnati with a bachelor's degree in Special Education. Her teaching experience ranges from kindergarten through high school, working primarily with students with intensive disabilities. She also has experience working in nonprofit as an employment specialist for adults with autism. Michelle is passionate about creating inclusive and accessible learning environments for all children. Her daughter and twin sons keep her engaged in learning about child development, and continue to challenge her to see the world through a child’s eyes.
First, what is sensory play? Sensory play is play that engages children in activities that stimulate one or more of their senses. This includes sight, sound, touch, smell, taste, and movement. It creates an opportunity for children to learn about … READ MORE